Saturday, October 22, 2011

Frustrated because fresh herbs go bad so quick??

How long does fresh herbs last? couple days or a week max...
Well... I have a solution. Some of my dishes required fresh herbs such as Italian Parsley, Cilantro, Spring Onion, bell peppers, etc...
I lean this tip from my mom. I normally buy herbs but I don't used them.. so what should I do with the remaining? trash it? Well... I feel guilty throwing things out and I try not to. But seriously can fresh herbs stay fresh for 2 weeks? I don't think so. So my mom share me her solution. What she does with her herbs, she cleaned and kept them on ziploc or any plastic bag and then store them in the freezer. Just don't forget to label them. This will keep the herbs for a long time and you don't have to feel bad for throwing them out. 
I usually buy red and green bell peppers at a discount price and slice them into 1/2 inch and keep them in the freezer. A red bell pepper can cost more than $2.00/lb...it's insane!! But when they are on sale, you can find them for about $.49/lb. Can you compare the price difference?? So I really take advantage when they go on sale. I mean could by a can/jar of bell pepper but I found the taste a bit different. Many of my dishes requires fresh bell pepper so I really need to have them fresh and not from a can or jar.

Well... I hope this help you...remember saving money is very crucial.
Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment