Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

So i was curious about people saying that the homemade dishwasher detergent works.
I tried making them myself at home and I used commercial brand as well...Yes both still give the white film and if you don't clean those dishes with a sponge prior to the dishwasher, you'll end up with dirty dishes (eeww..). I mean I'd probably stick with hand washing them. But when I do get lazy, I probably use dishwasher. So far this is the best recipe that works for me with my homemade dishwasher detergent:

1 cup washing soda
1 cup borax
1/2 cup kosher salt
store it on a container and don't forget to label it.

You'll only need 1/2 teaspoon + 2 squirts of dish wash detergent for each load and
1 squirt of dish-wash detergent for the pre-wash

couple drops of vinegar for the jet dry

Let me know how yours work out...thanks.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment